Finding Sadhana: A Course to deepen your yoga practice
Now taking enquiries and applications for
September 2020 – February 2021
What’s it about and Who it is for?
If you already have some experience of yoga, would like to delve deeper into its’ traditions and learn how to apply them to your everyday life, this course is for you!
Sadhana is a sanskrit word meaning a dedicated spiritual practice. In today’s frenetic world, it can be a challenge to find respite from the relentless pace of life: but by focusing on our inner needs and observing practices which make us feel more grounded, we find a way to more easily navigate and manage the many demands on our time and energy.
This course aims to teach you key tools, the same tools yoga students and practitioners have used for centuries, to construct your own sadhana; that is, a personal spiritual practice particular to you and your unique requirements. Your Sadhana will serve to nurture, ground, energise and de-stress you, and will offer inner peace, replenishment and a sense of purpose, at any time you are in need.
Course Content will include:
- How to construct your own rounded home practice using traditional yoga techniques
- A deeper dive into asana (postures) from basics and up, including how and when to use them, how to modify and develop them; how to construct a personalised home practice which can change and grow as you do
- mudra and mantra to support and deepen your practice
- basic breathing and pranayama (breath control),
- concentration techniques and first steps in meditation
- relaxation for release and assimilation
- Chakras: what they are and how to balance them
- Introduction to key yogic texts and concepts, including the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika
The course will run on the following Saturdays in 2020 & 2021 from 9am to 1pm:
Sept 19th, Oct 10th, Nov 14th, Dec 12th (all 2020), 9th Jan 2021, 6th Feb 2021
The course will cost £300. Early bird discount available for bookings made before June 2019, cost £275.
Please check that you are able to attend all of the dates BEFORE booking (see below) as regrettably no refunds can be given for missed sessions or cancellations.
You may also like to budget for books. A suggested reading list will be provided, and will include the following:
- The Upanishads, translation and introduction by Juan Mascaro, Penguin Classics.
- The Bhagavad Gita, Translated for the modern reader by Eknath Easwaran, Nilgiri press.
- The Heart of Yoga, TKV Desikachar, Inner Traditions International (this includes a translation and commentary on Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras)
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Swami Muktibhodandanda, Bihar Publications, Munger, Bihar, India
It’s not necessary to buy all of these books, as I will provide handouts for any work we do with them. Further reading and recommended reference books (such as “how to” asana books) will be provided prior to the course.
Please bring your own writing materials to class; all yoga props, including mats will be provided.
Sessions will take place at my home Studio in Market Harborough.
To book, or for further information, please contact me on 07762912585, or firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is an excellent grounding for a lifetime of personal exploration of the fascinating art/science of yoga, bringing purpose and wellbeing into your life each and every day. I look forward to welcoming you to the first steps on your journey.
This course will be launched in January 2020 and as such has not been offered previously. However, here are some comments from students who have attended other courses in past years:
Excellent course, very enjoyable. Excellent tutor.
What did you like most about the course: Caroline’s knowledge and enthusiasm
Overall this was a brilliant course. Caroline made it so enjoyable and delivered the course brilliantly. I love how passionately she speaks of Yoga and has really inspired me to take my own practice to the next level. Thank you !
I have enormously enjoyed the course and will take a lot away from it and a far deeper knowledge and understanding and also wider interest in yoga and its grounding, basis and philosophy.
Caroline has been an excellent tutor and has made taken us on a brilliant journey over the last 9 months…she has delivered the course way above my expectations
What did you like most about the course: The professionalism in the way Caroline delivered the course and the amount of time we took to understand the build up of asanas Caroline is an excellent tutor whose knowledge and passion for yoga shows in everything she does and says